Google

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rumor: More Wiis and PS3s Hitting Retail Sunday?

We got two separate tips today from our retail chain connection, both with info on forthcoming Wii and PlayStation 3 shipments. First, let's check in with our Circuit City pals:

I work at Circuit City and we're supposed to be doing a company wide re-launch of the Wii on Sunday, December 3rd. My store is getting 54 units, which is slightly above the average of 40 or so, and every Circuit is getting between 15 and 132 consoles.


Also, every Circuit will be getting 5-40 PS3's across this week (before 12/1) and next week (between 12/1 and 12/6). My store is getting 26 across both weeks, which is once again above the average. The PS3's will be both 20 and 60 GB models. Mostly 60 GB's at roughly a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. The PS3's are supposed to be sold upon receipt, so people might want to check their local store's truck schedule.

Sounds dangerously promising! But what about elsewhere?

Our Target retail spy had this to say:

You guys shouldn't have a problem getting a Wii on sunday. Target has gotten about 50 each for Sunday. Most stores have sold them early, but if the stores where you guys are haven't you should be fine.


Since we can't verify this with 100% accuracy (or the blog standard 89% accuracy), we'll call this info "rumor" for now.

Now I'm giving you this information out of the kindness of my heart, dear reader. But if I show up at the Sunset Boulevard Circuit City on Sunday and come out sans Wii or PS3, I'm going to tear every one of you a new one. I'm not sure yet what fresh orifice it is I'll be tearing, but you probably won't like it.

Retrieved from: Kotaku.com

No comments: